Thursday, October 16, 2008

Featured Diva Interview - with Kristin from Oh So Small Bittie's

*A Note From DDIB: We are completely fascinated by all of the teeny-tiny, itty-bitty, handmade items that this diva creates. We especially LOVE the Halloween miniatures (as seen in the photos below). Hope you'll enjoy learning more about Kristin and her Etsy business...

Name: Kristin

Etsy Shop: Oh So Small Bittie's

Etsy Shop url: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6247450

Tell us a little about yourself:

I am 28 and a mother 3 trying to make some money to help with the bills etc... plus I love having something to do to escape and having my own little world to work with. I love to be creative it makes me smile to know others enjoy what I have worked so hard on.

Give us a description of your business and the items that you offer:

I make handmade miniatures and beads and pendants with polymer clay.

What are your bestsellers? Your specialty?

Well so far food miniatures seem to be liked alot

Are your items targeted toward a specific age group?

No not really. I want to market to everyone.

What inspired you to start your own indie business?

Well be a mom who has chosen to be a stay at home mom and wife I needed a way to help out as well and to share these wonder tiny things I just love creating I guess.

As an independent business woman, what keeps you motivated?

My kids defiantly being able to make some extra money to do something fun with them or maybe buy an extra toy is always nice!

What do you consider to be your greatest achievement thus far?

Becoming a better woman and more driven to succeed!

What has been your biggest challenge as a business woman?

Making time to fully persue the business side of it and not miss the family time too

What do you believe makes a business successful?

The want to make others happy and to want to please the customer and having items that people will like! and knowing that you are putting a quality item out there.

Do you have any specific goals/plans for the future?

I hope to have my own shop someday where the buyers will be looking for me!

Do you have any words of encouragement or advice for women out there who may be considering starting their own business on Etsy?

Do it. You will meet sooo many nice and wonderful people and you will have fun being apart of this world even if you don't make a million sales it will be just as rewarding!

Tell us the best way to relax after a busy day of work..

Playing with my kids! or just having that special time with the ones you love!

While growing up, who was your role model? Who impressed and inspired you most?

My parents they are such a supportive pair and I only hope to be just as good to my kids as they have been for me!

Give us three (3) words that best describe YOU:

1.silly
2.Off beat
3.unique

Give us one (1) word that best describes your business:

1.whismy

What is your favorite quote, line or saying?

Do unto others as you want to be done to you!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online