Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Interview - With Diane From Bath and Body Bliss

*A Note From DDIB: We recently had the opportunity to interview our very first Featured Diva. Her name is Diane and she owns a fabulous business called "Bath and Body Bliss". Her website is very inviting and makes you feel as if you've just entered a cozy, country kitchen ~ so full of warmth and sweetness. Diane offers something for everyone. You'll definitely want to bookmark her site.


INTRODUCING OUR FEATURED DIVA:

Name: Diane
Business: Bath and Body Bliss
Website: http://www.bathandbodybliss.com/







Tell us a little about yourself:

I live in southeastern Wisconsin with my husband,
three large parrots and two cats. I have three grown children - twin girls aged 25, and one son aged 24. I actually had three children in one calender year...not too many people can make that claim, and I did live through it! I enjoy decorating, working with graphics, photography and best of all, traveling and going on cruises! Someday I would like to move somewhere where it's warmer...near the ocean and with palm trees. This past Wisconsin winter was
brutal.

Give us a description of your business and the products/services
that you offer:

We are an online bath and body products company. Our website has a country, "homey" type of feel, and our "simple" packaging seems to be very appealing to many of our customers. We offer body lotions, shower gels, natural soaps & baby products, room sprays, soy candles and more. We do our best to
offer quality products at reasonable prices, and currently offer over 130 fragrances!


What are your best sellers?

I would say our top selling products are our Whipped Body Lotion,
Shower Gels, Body Sprays, Room Sprays and Soy Candles. Our new Bliss line of soaps are selling like crazy! We will soon be adding event favors - soaps and things with personalized labels for birthdays, baby showers and weddings.

Are your products targeted toward a specific age group?

Because of our "simple" type packaging, our
sales probably lean more towards the middle aged group, but we do have many young, college aged customers too.

What inspired you to start your own business?

I had always wanted to have my own business, and when my children all went off to college, I found I had the time I needed to devote to it.

As an independent business woman, what keeps you motivated?

The wonderful comments and emails I receive from customers, they bring a smile to my face. I have met so many really great people online. My ideas keep me motivated too...I love to try new recipes and products. I usually have something in mind that I want to test
out, so the "What's New" section of the website almost always has something listed.
What do you consider to be your greatest achievement thus
far?


Being contacted to supply products in goodie bags that were handed out to 250 people at the opening of a brand new jeans store. The event was partnered with a major magazine.

What has been your biggest challenge as a business
woman?

TIME! Not having enough time to do all the things I want to do. My mind is constantly thinking of new ideas, and just finding the time to follow through and complete them is my biggest challenge.

What do you believe makes a business successful?

Great customer service. There are lots of companies out
there that you are competing with and you have to find a way to shine and stand above the others. I try to add a small freebie or some type of sample to my outgoing orders, customers love receiving extra goodies. You must also LOVE
what you are doing. I am so blessed to have found something I truly enjoy doing. I wake up in the morning and can't wat to get started. Even though I put in some very long hours, it truly does not feel like work to me.

Do you have any specific goals/plans for the future?

We will soon be launching our consultant program. It is nearly complete, we just have a few more loose ends to finish up on. We have had a huge interest in the program, and I just want to
be totally prepared for it.

Do you have any words of encouragement or advice for women out there who may be considering starting their own business?

Just be prepared and know that it will encompass a huge amount of time and hard work, and your family must be supportive of your goals. Starting off does not have to cost a fortune either, there are many free ways to advertise and get the word out about your business. It is very self-satisfying to own your own business, you know that the success of your company comes directly from your
hard work alone, and that's a great feeling that you can be very proud of.

Tell us the best way to relax after a busy day of work?

Though that does not happen too often, I do like to sit down and watch the home decorating programs. They are addicting, I could watch them all day if I'd let myself. And of course, there's nothing better than relaxing in a warm tub with some of our bath
goodies!

While growing up, who was your role model? Who impressed and
inspired you most?


That would have to be my father. He was the most intelligent, kind and helpful person I have ever known, and I miss him terribly. I am very fortunate that my son has a lot of his great qualities.

What is your favorite quote, line or saying?

I like the saying "Dance Like No one
is Watching"

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online