Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Featured Diva Interview - with Suzanne from Charmed By Suzanne

* A Note From DDIB: Hey everyone! Hope you'll enjoy our very first interview with an Etsy seller. Check out her "charming" shop. We know you'll love it.:-)

INTRODUCING OUR FEATURED DIVA:

Name: Suzanne

Etsy Shop title is: Charmed By Suzanne

Etsy Shop url: http://www.CharmedBySuzanne.etsy.com/
Website: http://www.CharmedBySuz.com/

Tell us a little about yourself:

I work full-time in public relations, but being crafty is my real passion. My shop has been open for three years. I live in Denver and love attending wine tasting events. Some people eat at their breakfast bar and dining room table, but both of mine are covered - one with my beads and the other with my card supplies. Good thing I live alone :)

Give us a description of your business and the items that you offer:

Handcrafted wine charms and wine bottle gift cards. I've even started to offer a few sets of Charmed By Suzanne earrings after people requested them for their young daughters. I offer the most elegant wine charms you'll find anywhere. I use Swarovski crystals in many of my sets and use a variety of specialty beads. My wine bottle gift cards double as gift enclosure cards. I've had customers tell me that after giving a bottle of wine to someone with one of my cards, for the first time, they actually received a thank you note. It helps your bottle stand out in a pack (like at a housewarming party) and adds a special touch.

What are your bestsellers? Your specialty? Most popular items?

Best sellers - dog themed wine charms for sure! People love their dogs. I have sets for different breeds and do custom orders. I also sell "Thanks for dog sitting" wine bottle gift cards. During the holidays, my Jewish-themed wine charms sell out quickly. Everyone has Christmas charms, but it's harder to find wine charms for other holidays. My customers really appreciate that.

Are your items targeted toward a specific age group?

To everyone who likes wine or entertaining (of age, of course!) Most of my customers are 25 and up.

What inspired you to start your own indie business?

I've always been crafty and wanting to sell my wares. But I actually took the plunge and opened my business after purchasing some wine charms are a craft show, getting them home and thinking to myself, I can do this better. So I did.

As an independent business woman, what keeps you motivated?

Hope and the potential of growing my business. My motivation surges when I do a show or get positive feedback from people.

What do you consider to be your greatest achievement thus far?

Having six wine shops and boutiques that sell my products in Denver.

What has been your biggest challenge as a business woman?

Starting from scratch and teaching myself along the way. Everything from setting up a website to obtaining a sales tax license was a lot of work, but so rewarding.

What do you believe makes a business successful?

Determination and enthusiasm.

Do you have any specific goals/plans for the future?

I'm determined to increase my website traffic and network like crazy to do it.

Do you have any words of encouragement or advice for women out there who may be considering starting their own business on Etsy?

Etsy is a safe, easy way to start your own shop. There is so much support in the forums and there a definite feeling of community. And it's fun! Try it. There are so many tools provided and you get exposure to thousands of people. You'll pick up countless tips for becoming a better business woman.

Tell us the best way to relax after a busy day of work..

Wine! It just so happens my favorite relaxation has something to do with my business.



While growing up, who was your role model? Who impressed and inspired you most?

My mom has always been my role model. She's creative, smart and always coming up with new ideas. She believes in herself and is the #1 fan of my business.

Give us three (3) words that best describe YOU:

Creative
Organized
Zany

Give us one (1) word that best describes your business:

Charming

What is your favorite quote, line or saying?

Love like you've never been hurt, dance like non one is watching.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online