Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Featured Diva Interview - with Rita from (Bin Hog Designs) Custom Luggage Handle Wraps

*A Note From DDIB: "Flight attendants please prepare the cabin for landing!"(lol) This week, you will be meeting a diva (and full time flight attendant) who creates custom luggage ID handle wraps that will make your luggage stand out from the rest. You won't have to worry about grabbing the wrong bags in the overhead bin anymore. The perfect solution for all of you travelling divas. By the way, you MUST check out her "Diva" luggage ID handle wrap! We are quite sure that you will loooooove it. We do.:-)

*** INTRODUCING OUR FEATURED DIVA ***

Name: Rita

Shop title: (Bin Hog Designs) - Custom Luggage Handle Wraps

Shop url: www.binhog.etsy.com, www.binhog.com

Tell us a little about yourself:

I work FT as a flight attendant and during my off time I love to watch my boyfriend's kids play in their soccer games, eat sushi, and watch the TV show Deadliest Catch.

Give us a description of your business and the items that you offer:

I make and embroider luggage ID handle wraps. They wrap around your luggage handles and are used to identify your bags.

What are your bestsellers? Your specialty? Most popular items?

My bestsellers are the personalized/custom wraps with names only and designs with names, initials, etc... The custom wraps are my specialty. Probably the most popular items are the Not Yours wraps, as well as the I love wine wrap.

Are your items targeted toward a specific age group?

I don't target a specific age group, but I definitely target the traveler.

What inspired you to start your own indie business?

I work FT as a flight attendant, and I needed a bag tag that didn't just hang off the bag, and one that people would see immediately in the overhead bin. People are constantly grabbing the wrong bags in the bins.

As an independent business woman, what keeps you motivated?

Getting my products out to the public.

What do you consider to be your greatest achievement thus far?

Getting large orders and shipping out of the country. It's amazing that people have seen & heard of my wraps outside the United States.

What has been your biggest challenge as a business woman?

Trying to do too much and please too many people.

What do you believe makes a business successful?

A good product and business plan.

Do you have any specific goals/plans for the future?

I'd like to market more aggresively and get my wraps into airport/gift shops.

Do you have any words of encouragement or advice for women out there who may be considering starting their own business?

Go for it! Don't worry about what others say or do. Spend time in the forums reading the threads and soak up as much business information as possible.

Tell us the best way to relax after a busy day of work..

In the hot tub.


While growing up, who was your role model? Who impressed and inspired you most?

My Dad. He's an extremely hard worker.

Give us three (3) words that best describe YOU:

Friendly
Motivated
Silly

Give us one (1) word that best describes your business:

Unique

What is your favorite quote, line or saying?

Character is what you do when no one is looking.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online