Thursday, March 5, 2009

FEATURED DIVA INTERVIEW ~ with Jessica from Tumbleweed Bead Co.

It's time to introduce you to our newest Featured Diva....
Jessica from Tumbleweed Bead Co.

Tell us a little about yourself:

I live in Central Oregon with my husband and 2 dogs. I have a studio space in my home that looks out at the forest.

Give us a description of your business and the items that you offer:

I love to make feminine handcrafted jewelry that you will want to wear every day. I think my jewelry helps woman feel like themselves just a little prettier.



What are your bestsellers? Your specialty? Most popular items?

Bestsellers are definitely my hoops. Woman tell me they wear them every single day and always come back for another shape or size. My Promise Rings have been a real pleasure to make. Woman email me with stories of the promises they made themselves or how they arrived just in time to fix a bad day. My Thin Gold Hammered Bangles are also getting popular. Woman are stacking them up on there wrists by the dozen, I love that.

Are your items targeted toward a specific age group?

I would say woman 23-60 years old enjoy my jewelry. Especially woman in their 30's and 40's.

What inspired you to start your own indie business?

I was tired of waiting tables!! I had always made jewelry for friends or for weddings. I just decided to see if I could turn it into a business. I waited tables and made jewelry for about 3 years and then was able to switch to just jewelry in the third year of business.




As an independent business woman, what keeps you motivated?

Thinking about going back work:) I also want to have a family and would like it if Tumbleweed could support us. I want to be able to live in Mexico half the year and I could do that with my business. Also fashion and trends really inspire me. Fall fashion especially.

What do you consider to be your greatest achievement thus far?

Being able to support myself through Etsy, my website and my wholesale accounts.

What has been your biggest challenge as a business woman?

Weathering the ups and downs. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think how very fortunate I am to be doing this. There isn't a week that goes by that I don't think about quitting.

What do you believe makes a business successful?

Hard work! I work every single day. I pride myself on customer service and quick shipping. I make a quality product that people want.

Do you have any specific goals/plans for the future?

I want to continue growing my Etsy and wholesale business. I would like to get representation around the country. I want to expand even more into the global market.

Do you have any words of encouragement or advice for women out there who may be considering starting their own business on Etsy?

Go for it!! Etsy is the best way to get a small craft business off the ground. You have to be very diligent, list new items often to keep a good presence. Treat your customers like gold!

Tell us the best way to relax after a busy day of work..

I take a walk with my dogs in the forest. If it is too late for that I like to sit in the hot tub with a glass of wine and my husband.

While growing up, who was your role model? Who impressed and inspired you most?

I come from a long line of entrepreneurs and that was always inspiring. My Grandma was always creating and she was the first person I ever made jewelry with.

Give us three words that best describe YOU:

Determined, Genuine, Fun

Give us one word that best describes your business:

victorious

What is your favorite quote, line or saying?

My heart is full.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online